Friday, April 12, 2013

Delicious Desserts: Glazed donut muffins

Yup, you read that right. Glazed. Donut. Muffins. Fan-tastic. These were a mess to make, but the end result is so worth it. I wanted to try this recipe so bad, and bringing most of them for coworkers to consume seemed like a perfect compromise.


They are very good and very sweet, so like I always do, I cut down on the sugar. I usually half the sugar, and they come out just as delicious. I didn't skimp on the glaze sugar though, since that's about all it's made out of.

I thought I would document the messy process. Here's a stash of mini-muffins in the glazing process:


And here's what mine looked like about five minutes after it was ready to taste-test:


The mini-muffins were a big hit with little hands. The entire stash disappeared at work and there were lots of compliments flying around. I doubled the recipe to make sure I had enough to make the mini versions and ended up with a few dozen. If you decide to do the minis, only bake them for 12 minutes. The original glazed donut muffin recipe resides here. Enjoy!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...