Thursday, April 18, 2013

Craftilicious: Trivet cork boards



After seeing a photo on Pinterest, I figured it was easy enough to figure out on my own. So I did. It took me all of ten minutes to make all three of these trivet fabric-covered cork boards. You'll probably have a harder time picking your fabric choices. I know I did.

I only used two in this space. The third one didn't coordinate as well as I thought, so I scrapped it to use elsewhere.

Simply choose and cut fabric to fit around the cork trivet from IKEA. Hot glue around the edges and pull fabric tightly to the back. I did this in a pattern. Top then bottom, left side then right side, then filled the in between just to make sure it was all smooth. In the back I trimmed and glued the excess fabric down and then used 3M velcro tabs to hang it to the wall.


I have to pick up some more. I'm planning to make a set to hang in the living room and use as a rotating picture display, like this:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...