Wednesday, May 25, 2011

don't underestimate me

Never, ever underestimate the ability to turn anything into an organization tool. My brain is constantly thinking 'storage!' so shopping with me can probably be annoying, unless you're looking to organize your closets.
IMG_6427_crate.jpg
I saw this idea somewhere in the blogosphere a while ago, except someone was using it to store belts. Well, I've been keeping an eye out at the thrift stores for a vintage soda crate and nothing has been showing up. I took a quick look at my local flea market {it's seriously two minutes from my house} and on the way out of what I thought was a wasted trip, I stumble on this crate. It was exactly what I was looking for. And only eight dollars? Score.
IMG_6434_crate.jpg
With five dollars worth of swivel rolling legs from home depot and two dollars worth of wood screws {#8x3/8"} I now have a handy divider for those unruly {and quite dirty actually} flip flops.

I'm quite happy with this little project, easy, quick and handy. I'll keep an eye out for more in the future, will you too?

1 comment:

Piper said...

Genius!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...