Wednesday, February 09, 2011

color me blue

IMG_4817_mantle.jpg

So I think I've finished the mantle {which is fun because I've never had a mantle, i've just always oozed with jealousy over everyone else's good mantle-owning fortune}. Until I decide I'm addicted to a completely new color scheme, or until fresh flowers catch my eye at the summer farmers markets, this should work. For now, this feels like a sophisticated winter pallette.
IMG_4822_yarn.jpg
As you can see, I'm still addicted to those muted blues. So while the craft room is still in infancy {ie: sheetrock and 80's hip panelling} I decided to put those everyday things to good use, as displays. The glass jars I've been collecting since I first spotted them at the Goodwill. For a dollar or two a piece they're great since they hold just about anything. The large blue glass was a clearance buy from Marshalls.
IMG_4819_ribbon.jpgIMG_4820_sticks.jpg
The candle pillars were a Christmas Tree Shops buy but I primed, painted and distressed them to get exactly the look I was going for. Can I just say, spraypainting is my latest obsession.
IMG_4821_thread.jpg
These threads are gorgeous and I tossed in a couple of vintage spools I picked up at a flea market. Lovely, no?

I'm pretty happy with myself. If the husband was here I would ask him to give me the literal pat on the back. I think I have decorating on my mind but i'm too impatient to wait for the upstairs rooms to be ready so I've volunteered to help Carrie stage her house to sell. So far so good, I think it looks fabulous! Maybe we'll blog about her place on here tomorrow so you can all see my mad organizing skillz.
IMG_4814_glow.jpg
Goodnight dear internetz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the blue! I'm trowing a baby shower in a couple of weeks and have turquoise as one of the colors, your decor would look super rad :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...